PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Lufthansa Companies hiring Ready Entries from 2011
Old 16th Oct 2010, 23:38
Captain McFly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Uncle Wiggily,

Call this a wild and crazy theory, but perhaps they are possibly looking for German people?!?!
no, that's not the point. Once I descended with the whole crew on a famous Burger restaurant in Birmingham. After a lot of great food and other stuff, we suddenly realized and were amuzed about the fact that none of us was really "German". You would have been very surprised to see our LH-IDs, as the only person in our crew holding a german passport even wasn't born in Germany, holding a very strange name while the others had Italian passports (among them the Captain with an "ultra-italian" name) and one crewmember even a Japanese one... You really underestimate, how international the company is. Of course, it employs a lot of "Hans Müllers", but by far not only.
However, all spoke acceptable or good German, while most of us had more than one native language.

My last advice:
As those people interested in a LH-job might have already heard, the application process will take you through three steps:
- Pilot Qualification Assessment
- Simulator Screening
- Psychological Evaluation

I have heard several times, that steps 1 and 2 can be done completely in English. German language competence will be required during the third step.
As a native speaker, I was never too much interested in those special procedures; so I never checked if these rumors were true.
If somebody out here is interested if this rumor is true, he/she could call the company and ask for details (and maybe post the company's answer here).
That might be a reasonable way:
Do steps 1 and 2 in English and if successful, take your time, learn german to level B1 and finally try the last step.
If you've already been successful on steps 1 and 2, your chances of getting through are significant and maybe worth the effort to learn a bit of that damn language.

Last edited by Captain McFly; 17th Oct 2010 at 01:05.