PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 16th Oct 2010, 22:13
Colonel White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs

Agree with you that there is little point in grinding them into the ground. I think the crunch now is that there are still a fair number of BASSA members who did not go on strike who would want a quick settlement. If BA are seen to offer a better deal than the June offer, then BASSA can claim a victory. It will be seen as a vindication. For that reason alone, BA can't agree to a radically improved deal. Moreover, if BA are perceived to have the upper hand, then the way in which any return of staff travel is treated has to be with utmost caution. An immediate return with full seniority would be taken as capitulation. The only other cards that are potentially in play are the various appeals and tribunals. It may be that as part of any overall package, Unite have to agree to dropping any outstanding court action. I stick by my guess that the package will be the same financial deal as offered last time, but with tinkering around the staff travel seniority. It would not be grinding crew into the ground, it would be aligning them with what others have already accepted.