PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 16th Oct 2010, 21:39
Colonel White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suspect that the deal ticks more positives than negatives and it will be a take it or 90 days notice, but said nicer than that.
Not so sure about that. Why would BA offer Unite a significantly better deal than the last one ? Nothing has got worse since the last offer and in fact BA are now in a stronger position to rebuff any strike attempt. I would not be surprised if the deal that has been thrashed out is a reworking of the offer put forward in June. Bear in mind that the only reason Unite felt unable to recommend the June offer was because it did not see an immediate return of staff travel with full seniority. So based on that BA don't have to offer any more cash, manpower levels etc. All they need to do is agree a position on whether or not to return seniority and when this would be effective from. I would think that the likely offer would be return of staff travel with immediate effect, but seniority to be returned over time and with 'no strike' strings. It could be that the company opts to return seniority from the start of the next leave year - i.e. April 1st 2011.