PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 16th Oct 2010, 16:51
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miss M said

Protect our terms and conditions? What do you think BASSA are trying to do? Best of luck trying to talk to our management who gives the impression that they don't want to reach an agreement with us as it was TW who had to approach BA to resume talks.
Protect our T/C's. Are you serious and I'm not being sarcastic. The problem is that ALL Bassa have tried to do in the past is PROTECT, PROTECT, PROTECT. We have moved on from that 'way' of negotiating many many years ago. Its all about evolvement amd involvement now, and being proactive in trying to move things forward for both ANY company AND the employees. Unfortunetely Bassa have always been a one trick pony and have now lost out. The problem is that ALL crew have lost out, thanks to Bassa. As for TW, I said last week that he is stringing this along to avoid an xmas strike just like he did over the general election. There will be NO 'significant progress' IMO

Plodding along said

BASSA reps might be militant but they are not completely stupid.
The jury is still out on that one I'm afraid!!

Litebulbs said

It is just surprising that so many (21?) have been dismissed in a year or so.
Actually its not. All that has simply happened is BA have had enough and are now thank goodness taking control. A lot of the sacked crew have deserved it for years but have got away with murder because Bassa have protected them. Its like the Mafia literally. If things have been unfair, I know of a female CC manager who was verbally abused in a disgraceful and personal way. The guy got a 3 year written warning despite being a known troublemaker for years. So I would suggest BA could have sacked even more perhaps. Also remember not all have been sacked for 'strike' events - just most.

Last edited by JUAN TRIPP; 16th Oct 2010 at 17:04.