PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Pilot Recruitment Roadshows In Uk.
Old 15th Oct 2010, 19:42
Mr Good Cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all I'm new to this prune business and just wanted to see if anyone had any info about Emirates. I'm going out there for my interview soon and just wanted to get a run down of the T's&C's along with benefits etc. Can anyone help? My baptism into aviation was a roasting with Ryanair followed by EasyJet so I'm not exactly wet behind the ears when it comes to fighting my corner but that is besides the point. I can't take the boredom of fixed roster routine and 4 sector days so I'm after long haul, heavy type and a tax break. Here's what I'm looking for. Sector pay for fo? How long to SFO and CAPT with 3500 hrs? Typical roster? staff travel? the rest of the info I've go so if anyone can help with this I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers

Oh and P.S. Nobody is happy even mates at BA & Virgin but their complaints are not what I'd call hardships and my complaints make them cringe so can Emirates be worse than the low cost pimps if you tolerate living out there?
Everything you need to know re: the interview is in the Middle East forum on the thread "EK and everything you need to know etc"... Just trawl through it and you'll eventually find the info.

Regarding T's and C's Dubai is an expensive place. Maybe not too bad if you're single with no kids and no mortgage in the UK, but you should not come here for the pay or lifestyle.

Rosters are tough at the moment - even though it's less sectors than loco flying it's still 95 hours a month mostly through the night and with difficult rest patterns.

The working environment can be tough as you don't have the protection you may have in home country should you make a mistake while on the job. Several good people (and some not so good) have fallen foul of this unfortunately. Whatever you do don't ever, ever try to think outside the box unless you're falling uncontrollably from the sky. Just come to work do exactly what it says on the tin then go home. I can't emphasise this enough. Even then, mistakes are usually punished rather than mistakes learned from unfortunately. That's the just the way it is at the moment and you should be prepared for this if you decide to join.

Anyway, as for the good points:

Dubai has great weather most of the year (if you hail from the UK or Ireland anyway).

The flying is the most interesting and varied you will ever get to see.

The aeroplanes are brand new and are all good types to have on the licence.

The time to command is excellent compared to any other major legacy carrier.

The guys you work with are super nice and all of the highest calibre (generally with one or two exceptions).

Keep your head down , your record clean and your finances in check and you could have a great few years in command of a shiny new 777 with your days off on the beach.

Hope this helps!