PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France sentenced to translate all its manuals in..........French .
Old 15th Oct 2010, 16:27
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lederhosen, unless I was in a coma, I don't recall implying the judges DRAFTED the law. They ruled ! , oder beurteilten, if that makes easier for you.

I happen to live in the very padded cell where Mr Toubon DRAFTED that magnificent piece of law that, no doubt, will be in history books for centuries to come. I hope there will be a day where we can all laugh about it.
I obviously have to count you out on that last one.

In zwischen, allow me to be a tad upset at seing my compagny having to cough up silly money which coud be used in a much more productive fashion.
Not one single country in western Europe has ever made a pledge to protect its national linguo in such a stupid way. I don't care if the rest of the world doesn't speak french, as long as my butcher understands me !
Has german disapeared from the face of the earth ? Nein, hat nicht ! Es wird immer noch auf english geflogen und auf deutsch gefeiert !
Has Dutch ? Nope ! Such a small country, kicking and living.

A language, or langue vivante as we say here, stays alive not because there is a law, but because there is a need. And I don't need french to read a bloody approach plate or to study for a type rating.
Those who claim it affects safety should go and spend a term at the British council and avoid flying airplanes.

Last edited by Me Myself; 15th Oct 2010 at 16:41.