PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dogs in aeroplanes!
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2010, 15:34
beany

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dogs in aeroplanes!

Hi All,

Just after a little advice if possible. My little dog is a almost a year old now and the other half and I are keen to take him away with us for the weekend in the PA28. He's got a lovely calm temperament and is nicely trained and now.

We wondered if the noise of the aircraft would bother him - no headset for him obviously! So, we taxied for fuel with him being held in the back a few weeks ago to see if it would bother him and he was great, sat there no bother. Obviously the engine noise would be quite a bit louder once the take off roll starts and I don't want to scare him. I thought starting with a quick local flight would be a good plan to check I wasn't going to terrify him to within an inch of his life!

Has anyone had any experience with flying with their dog? I'd obviously always have someone to watch him, not just me and him. Besides regular stops for toilet/drinks etc are there any other thing you can advise please? Also, has anyone seen or heard of them being affected by altitude in any way and to any greater extent than us humans?

Advice appreciated before I subject the poor chap to something that might be unfair.

B