PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2010, 12:56
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Skipness!

Good to spar with you again! May I politely point out that my posting does not call anybody a moron - that is your word. I can assure you that I do not "sneer" as I board Emirates or any other carrier, but I do thank the heavens that I don't have to endure a Heathrow transfer. I am delighted that CX and co are spending so much to improve LHR (it needs the investment) as I have friends who live in the South East and LHR is conveniently placed for them. So I hope they enjoy their improved airport experience.

As for being a L O C A L, I am the kind of local who has flown as a passenger on some 1400 flights covering around 400 airports in 80 or so countries, several of which are not mainstream names. So I guess I am just a "blinkered provincial" for wishing to avoid the dire OneLondon Alliance transfer procedure at LHR. But I accept that I am more than happy to be associated with the Manchester area, so I shall take the "local" tag as a great compliment. Everyone is local somewhere.

And by the way, MAN services support a "hell of a lot of jobs" in the UK too. Manchester is actually in the UK. Our tax pounds end up in the same pot as those earned at Heathrow. A customer is not unpatriotic in booking a convenient MAN departure over an inconvenient LHR one (cancelled Shuttles permitting). Do you seriously believe that we should put up with the LHR transfer process for the good of the UK economy?!!! Give us a break, please!

SHED.

P.S. Skipness - good to see that you edited out the word "moron" at 15:06!

Last edited by Shed-on-a-Pole; 15th Oct 2010 at 14:44.