PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AA sacks 7,000
Thread: AA sacks 7,000
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2002, 04:33
Ignition Override

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Lightbulb

Even though Mr. Carty must be smiling while the APA's Merger Committee battles the TWA's Committee over the slick "staple job", with the more radical Merger members helping upper mgmt. reach a typical upper mgmt goal-"divide and conquer" - it looks like many of the (already and soon-to-be) furloughed employees will be handy "hostages" for Mr. Carty's short-term financial goals. By the way, how many years will Carty stay with American, following the corporate battles?

Will APA show as much concern for the out-of-seniority laid off people who were with TWA, as they would for original American? Their dues come from the entire pilot group, unless I'm mistaken. I've been through a merger years ago, and understand how Merger Committee self-righteousness often seeks any justification for its goals and anxieties regarding all Captain seats and especially widebody bid awards for Captains, i.e. "We had expectations when hired...". One can almost hear the sad violin music in the background.

I realize that many line pilots don't always agree (in public) with their own Merger Committee's goals and methods.