PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 15th Oct 2010, 12:00
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think that this is the case. There is no obligation in law, to recognise a new "union", where another union has collective bargaining rights, unless you can establish that the union in question does not hold a majority of members within the workplace.
That may be true Litebulbs but since 1989 we have traditionally had two unions in our community - CC89 and BASSA. The merger of the two into Unite has proved the undoing of our community, with BASSA dictating terms. Had CC89 been seperate today, they would have undoubtedly come out of this with virtually 90% of the workforce.

Our community is crying out for moderation - and BA has already recognised this by taking the historic step of offering a deal to non-union members. The suggestion that they wouldn't recognise a moderate union with a sizeable number of members is therefore somewhat unrealistic.

Amicus had, I believe, in the region of 3000 members and they had full recognition from BA. Point to note, Syndicate9.

I am BA cabin crew and this is my viewpoint and not that of BA.