PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2010, 11:47
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If CX stick to LHR only they will keep the mugs who know no better and some desperate bargain-basement fare hunters. However, they forfeit the savvy travelers who are familiar with the attractive alternatives from MAN
Not a good way to talk about people really. We're not all mugs and Heathrow isn't all bad and I would politely remind you that it supports a Hell of alot of jobs in the UK. By all means sneer as you board Emirates and think you are supporting your "local" market, which of course you are, but please be advised there is another view.

That Cathay have sunk a small fortune in building a OneWorld hub with their partners QANTAS and BA at T3. That millions are being spent providing world class lounge facilities for premium travellers and that a decision must be made on how best to get a return on that investment. T3 is an old building of course but over time the whole airfield is being rebuilt from the ground up. T5 done, T2 on it's way and T3 being re-aligned once Pier 7 comes down. Now that's a fair bit of money going into the UK economy in troubled times. Just bear that in mind please.

tbh as much as I love MAN, a lot of supporters are L O C A L s in every sense of the word. Good grief this thread is unique on here reading more like Manchester's place in the world and less like what's going on at MAN which is what we're keen to read about and support. I also resent being addressed as a sheep, it's just a baad argument!

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 15th Oct 2010 at 14:06.