PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France sentenced to translate all its manuals in..........French .
Old 15th Oct 2010, 05:04
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look, we are not debating cultural matters. If you like litterature or poetry, you can have it in french all you like.
My point is, we live in the 21 century and english happens to be the western world mean of communication. Trust me, a hell of lot easier than having to learn mandarin.
Speaking 3 languages, I actually feel blessed and feel those poor anglos are missing out so much.

This is a purely Air France issue and doesn't in the least concern KLM.
The ruling was made in accordance to a bill passed in the dark year of 1994 by a parliament who didn't know the difference between its left and right inspired by one of the stupidiest politicians France has had the priviledge to produce......and we are numero uno in that trade.

Making a cultural issue out of a technical one is a lunacy.
Safety is the reason claimed by this very active minority who, in truth, would just like to see AF disappear from the face of the earth.
Just an old grudge coming from a small group of bitter men who, at one time or another, didn't get what they wanted.
Problem is, they also poisened the whell.
Claiming this is going to make AF safer when all the incidents and accidents AF had to suffer, happened when all the manuals were in french, is a fraud.
The vast majority of AF pilots are just stunned by this ruling and being the law, it is going to be a long process to try to have this ruling broken.
Again, this a case where the law becomes illegal.
When you know the district court in charge, mainly deals with stolen cars or petty theft cases, CDG being in their juridiction, shows you what understanding of the issue these good judges have.
It's called the french judicial system. Understaffed, underfunded and overworked...............on top of being totally clueless.

Last. Millenium was written in swedish and turned out to be a world block buster. The same movie was shot in swedish and was an equal success.
This endless claim by the french to be the cultural center of the world is just a bore and the reflection of their deep seated insecurities.
Korea seems to be the only country who went down the same path. A hell of a place to emulate !

Last edited by Me Myself; 15th Oct 2010 at 07:53.