PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Posted on the Wannabe Forum
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2010, 03:52
boxjockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me first say that I am very happy with my job here at CX, there is nowhere I would go from here. Now, those of you who are posting positive points, good on you, but I think you fail to grasp the gravity of trying to live in Hong Kong on NO HOUSING ALLOWANCE!! How far do you really think the starting SO salary will go without housing assistance? Come on guys, be honest!! Now, as some other have said, if you have 0 experience or licensing, then give it a go. At least you can get your training paid for, and see how things are going when you complete. For the pilots who are already licensed and experienced, it just doesn't make any sense. You will be an SO for at least 3.5 years, the numbers support this. The rating you receive is worthless, and so is the time you log. On SO salary with no housing, you will live like a pauper, this is not an exaggeration. I just don't understand why someone with previous experience would even consider coming here under the new terms. You could find a job in your home country nearly anywhere in the world, and your total quality of life would be better than coming to Hong Kong. I guess I just don't get it.....

box