PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who Wants to join CATHAY!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2002, 00:13
Ajax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well heres my 2 cents worth :

1. I won't be updating my CV while the ban is still in effect, or alternatively until such time as IFALPA withdraws their support, or I consider the AOA has become so marginalized that it no longer matters. That's got nothing to do with my opinion of the politics, it's just that I have had few too many warnings from mates up there over the aggro from hard core unionists, I look at the poison that still spills over whenever '89 is mentioned on here, and I just can't be @rsed to get involved with it all to be honest.

2. When I do get my Cathay job, I won't be joining the AOA. I value the advocacy of a union, but there is ****** all point in joining a union who haven't even spoken to management in the last year, and just re elected a leader who management have said point blank they will refuse to negotiate with on any grounds. The main reason for joining a union is to exercise a bit of collective muscle at contract negotiation time after all, but I can't see how giving my money to a crowd that can't even go and speak to the people concerned, is going to help improve my lot.

3. I'd be more than happy to get involved with a new union, that wasn't so tainted from past bitterness and actually had a passing interest in improving the lot of the current batch of employees, instead of flogging a bunch of dead horses (49 of them to be precise ).