PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France sentenced to translate all its manuals in..........French .
Old 14th Oct 2010, 06:35
Reinhardt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And which authority will "stop AF flights " to operate out of their country ?

As for any airline, provided they speak a decent english on the radio, write a similar decent one on the CPDLC, and eventually manage to be understood in english by all the dispatchers and engineers at destination, they can express their cockpit calls and read their manuals in the language they want, including esperanto can't they ? (especially if their country build the aircraft... )
I remember the C-160 Transall aircraft, with all the labelling written in both french and german, and believe me that wasn't a problem, even a pleasure.
Regarding "supposed racial vilification" (always an easy trick those days to call this one) I'm not sure to which side we should put this one. Obviously some people cannot figure that aircraft manuals can be written in another language than english.
Regarding australian achevements in aerospace, well, I accept the ones supplied by Siuya, even there are not so many after all - compared to countries like Germany, France or Italy.
And ChristaanJ... OK you have been ground engineer for dozens of years. Sorry young man, but I have more. As I want to stay anonymous, nothing more unfortunately.