PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many of you do LPC/recurrent in sim?
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2010, 05:50
jetopa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
money makes the world go round

As long as there isn't any regulation forcing operators that at least the LPC be performed in an approved simulator, many of them won't do it. Why should they? They were stupid to send their pilots to Wichita, Dallas, Tucson etc. and undermine their ability to underbid prices, as long as the competitor(s) next door won't do it either...

Why aren't there more business jet simulators in Europe? If I am not mistaken, you still has to travel to the US, be there in a hotel at least one day in advance (and sometimes also another day at the end of the course), accept the monopoly of FSI, pay exaggerated prices and deal with a time-consuming TSA approval process every time, if you operate popular types like the LJ45/45, LJ60 and the Challengers.

I wonder why one yet has to come up with the idea of starting his own FTO/TRTO with simulators of a few popular types in a structurally weak, yet easily accessible region where unemployment tends to be high, near an airport - maybe by the help of some EU funding... The answer is simple, I'm afraid: not profitable enough.