PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 14th Oct 2010, 01:40
Bridchen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It wasn't what I thought was lacking in them that mattered. Independent analysis found that the figures didn't add up for savings, if that's the UNITE proposal you mean. The sticking point as far as the union was concerned was mainly the reinstatement of ST after the strike with seniority. I couldn't see much wrong with the rest of the BA proposal, but it wasn't an option anyway. It became void after the strike dates were announced, so why any analysis was done at all beats me.

I've never understood why ST had to be part of the settlement. It wasn't in '97 and it was quietly reinstated. Such a hoo ha was made about it this time, that that option was impossible. I've seen the glee with which that's been noted by some of the non-crew staff on here, and it wasn't a pretty sight. Absolutely revelling in the ST being revoked. WW couldn't be seen to be publicly caving in. I'm not a fan of his by any means, so don't take it that way. It's an observation.

If this isn't relevant to what you want to know, please elaborate. I'm signing out now, so not avoiding the questioning, just working.