PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 14th Oct 2010, 00:02
HAHAHAHAHAH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Birdshed

As far as I was aware the BASSA committee acted upon the wants and wishes of the community as represented by the crew members who attended the many branch meetings and duly voted by show of hands. I don’t recall any abstentions, or no votes at any branch meeting. If you can’t be inclined to attend to cast your vote, can you really reasonably complain that your, seemingly isolated opinion, be representative. This is of course not to mention the rejection of both an online and postal consultation regarding two documents. After all, we are all members of the union, we all enjoy the freedom to attend branch meetings, listen and vote according to our personal views. Secondly, I reject your assertion that BASSA did not negotiate. I clearly remember many concessions made on my behalf. Indeed many documents produced in way of concession. If I’m honest, I feel that BASSA actually gave to much away. It’s clear as the crystal to me whom was the party refusing to be reasonable in my view. I suggest you review the settlement documents released by BASSA in order to resolve this dispute, concession after concession were made, none of which were acceptable to company. In €€my view, my reps offered more than I would have been prepared to offer, however I recognise they did this in good faith. If you don’t believe this, please explain why BASSA offered the company Mixed Fleet contracts, as they requested, only integrated with current crew in order to ensure career protection for current crew.

Can I suggest, the next time you fly to ask your flight crew colleagues one question. If they were to be denied the right to transfer between fleet and base, would they accept that imposition. Of all my flight crew colleagues I’ve asked, the answer has always been no. Therein lies the answer to why I decided to stand up for my rights and why I will continue to support the individuals increasingly victimised, to represent me.

As for the remainder of your post, can I suggest an element of considered caution. Allegations that you imply are incredibly serious and would be considered slander/libellous. I imagine you have actual proof of what you intimate, otherwise you wouldn’t be as confident as you seemingly are to identify individual reps.

All the above doesn’t negate the fact, which you have failed to address and the point I was clearly making in my original post, that your council only has 300 members as per the councils website. Therefore I submit that your views are wholly held in a minority view vis-à-vis our community.

Last edited by HAHAHAHAHAH; 14th Oct 2010 at 00:17.