PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France sentenced to translate all its manuals in..........French .
Old 13th Oct 2010, 21:30
ChristiaanJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Reinhardt
Yes, english is one of the main languages in aviation...
Sorry, mate, it is THE language in aviation.
I know it's tough to admit ... but it was the Allies, such as the Amis and the Rosbifs and the Ozzies and the Kiwis, that did a large part of winning the last war (WWII).
As a consequence, a large part of our early post-war technology was English-language based, and so was most of our aviation infra-structure.
Great idea... all speako the same lingo, we all know what we're talkin' about, no?

And thanks again for ChristiaanJ, for saying that french isn't a technical language... probably the most stupid assertion of all those pages. He will be forgotten anyway - being obviously deprieved of any academic background, I can understand he missed a lot of it, and has no idea of what has been written or achieved in so many fields.
LOL... Nice one....
Unfortunately for you, I have a degree in aeronautical engineering... also 35-odd years of experience in the field (including Concorde)...also 40-odd years of technical French.

The rest of your waffle clearly identifies you as a "sciolist", as defined at the bottom of each PPRuNe page...
Noun, archaic. "a person who pretends to be knowledgeable and well informed"
Said otherwise: you ain't got a clue what you're talkin' about....

Nuff said.

CJ

Last edited by ChristiaanJ; 13th Oct 2010 at 21:36. Reason: typo