PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 13th Oct 2010, 16:50
Bridchen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flaps 33, negotiation is exactly that. To reach a resolution, which one way or another, will come soon, both parties will re-negotiate their position to a certain degree. The successful settlement of any industrial dispute doens't take personal feelings into account. I'm sure WW isn't thinking "I'll get those bastards!" He wants a solution too, but in the age old tradition of having won more than he's lost. He's a businessman, and if he achieves what he wants in the main part, he'll give back staff travel with bells on if he chooses. Or maybe he'll choose not to. We'll have to wait and see. One thing's for sure - he won't be taking the personal opinions of you and me into account. He'll do what he believes is in his and the company's long term best interest. I'm not sure if nurturing bad feeling in large groups of permanently disgruntled employees will be high on his agenda. 6 months has been a prolonged punishment financially and mentally. It could well be over a year until it's returned if it is returned.

Last edited by Bridchen; 13th Oct 2010 at 16:53. Reason: spelling and wording