PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2010, 15:54
A. Le Rhone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeez Normasars, you're unreal.

Remind me not to go to war with a bloke like you. You are correct, pilot unity with people like you IS impossible. Your opinions however are just that, that doesn't make you an oracle and those opinions 'reality'.

I too have been around for many years and know nothing is impossible. From where I sit in Asia, prior to the GFC we couldn't get pilots here of anywhere near the standard we were used to. There might be 100's of CV's but none of them worth anything. This scenario is starting to reappear and will only become greater with so many aircraft on order and dwindling supplies of qualified pilots to fly them. That wasn't 'bullshyte' Einstein that was fact.

And as an aside to AJ's comment of Australian pilots living in cuckoo land about Asian salaries, aircrew in my airline are paid about twice what the average J* pilot gets.

And another of your points, I personally am not affected by what a J* pilot is paid but I do not want to see the smoking heap in the ground that is a far more likely scenario if we insist on bypassing the standards inherent in the Australian training system. And why the hell shouldn't this thread 'drift into a discussion of offshoring jobs and the threat that poses to safety? I

I don't like slanging matches on PPRuNe but I despise snide, naysaying quitters who try to sway others by hiding behind the smokescreen of being 'realists'.

Perhaps foolishly I have historically looked at my colleagues almost as family but when I occasionally come across attitudes like those I do hang my head in shame.