PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 13th Oct 2010, 15:45
Flap33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ST is a PERK....

As the title says, it's a perk (and as such can be withdrawn at liberty if the situation warrants it, eg being sick) - if it were contractual then BASSA would have had it back in the famous "5 minutes"....

If a retailer were to remove an employees discount due to industrial action that damaged the shop, would that be wrong?

BA grant ST as a privaledge, perk - call it what yhou like. They warned on numerous occassions that it would be removed if you took part in IA that damaged the company - YOU WERE WARNED..... I would think twice about striking (and, yes, I do work for BA) if the threat of ST removal was on the table.

I think the whole issue of ST has been blown up by BASSA, they recklessly claimed that WW wouldn't do it, or if he did then it would be returned in a jiffy. Since we are now 6 months down the road with ST still being witheld the BASSA leadership are trying to heap the blame on WW, the High Court or anyone else who they think they can in order to deflect the blame away from themselves.

There are lots of folks on here who feel that ST should be returned either in its original form or the new zero seniority version. I personally think that it should be withdrawn permanently -warnings were given. We are all aware that actions have consequences, why should this situation be treated any differently?