PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 13th Oct 2010, 15:31
Bridchen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Storminorman and upperdeckpsr, I agree. It's historic with BA that staff travel has been reinstated when a period of time has passed after industrial action. I didn't go on strike, but I don't see any point in the endless punishment of half a group of employees. The commuters are finding it very difficult to get in to work, and there's no point in saying, "But they knew what would happen!" They did know, and it happened. But our cabin crew community needs to get back to normal, and and it never will while half of us are treated differently. There will be a permanent rift that's underlined everytime someone sees staff J42, or similar, on the passenger list. Everyone in the bar last night said they were just sick of this, and half of us were strikers and half not. The strikers know now that, in the main part, the union totally messed up. We have to move on from here.

The other problem, of course, is what do they do about Duncan Holley and Lizanne Malone? No one wants this situation arising again because of reps who can't negotiate properly. Does DH even have to be re-voted in anymore, or is he a permanent boil on BASSA's backside now? I don't want to remain de-unionised, but I'll never rejoin while he's holding the reigns. I'm not sure about the effectiveness of CC89 and no disrespect, but crew council are totally untested and inexperienced in industrial negotiation.