PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2010, 14:03
Normasars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GFR et al,

I have been around in this industry long enough to be a realist padre. Bang on all you like about PILOT UNITY "MATE" , but it will NEVER, repeat just for you, NEVER, happen. Call me what you want/like but I am a realist and I KNOW it will never happen. It saddens me too, but I can admit when the truth is undeniable. And by the way , you know it too deep down.

And BTW, I am not trying to "derail" as you put it. Just being a realist.

ALR, please tell me where is this pilot shortage that you are eluding to? Supply and demand?? WTF. You are in a different world to me mate. From where I sit, there is a pile of CV's 100 deep applying for a gig, whether it be jet or turboprop. And if you look around this forum there are GA guys with 1000s of hrs applying to the airlines and can't get a look in. So don't bullshyte yourself that there is some kind of pilot shortage out there. As was mentioned in a previous thread, be very careful not to manipulate this offshoring of T&Cs into "safety" as this keeps drifting too. And lets be brutally honest here. That is what this is all about, protecting the T&Cs that JQ drivers undercut the incumbents on.

I know that you can't move forward looking in the rear view mirror, but please don't anybody say the past has no relevance here. If the guy that has been screwing your wife says sorry mate, I am now asking you for your support, will you help me out, I know what I would say. But heh?? I am only human. You guys are kidding yourselves. Pilot unity, you are dreaming.

Not a pragmatist, just a realist Sorry.