PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France sentenced to translate all its manuals in..........French .
Old 13th Oct 2010, 13:26
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lh2

I'm not surprised the reader of Le Figaro would be shocked. The name Air France alone makes their blood boil, add pilots to that and it turns nuclear !

No, Air France pilots are not down right granted level 6 by the airline. They can only be tested up to 5. 6 can only be granted by the DGAC and that's outside of the compagny.

The too good law, standing for Toubon bill, bearing the name of a dubious minister who's IQ is one of a sparow.
Nevertheless, this bill has made numerous french compagny a living nightmare.
How this bill fits the european legal scenery remains to be assessed, and it very clearly needs to be done.
This ruling was made as an appeal from a 2008 ruling. The only remaining option is to go in " Cassation " meaning the ruling would have to be broken by the last legal authority.
In my opinion, this is a clear case where the law becomes illegal, but I no legal expert.
One thing is sure, it makes Air France look like the " Flintstones " and I would hope KLM goes up into a fit.
When you think the same people who made this claim are the same who would like to see a common freight department using both dutch and french crew, this is enough to make a wooden horse burst into laughter.
The dutch will have to display their utmost sense of humour.
As to me ? I need another hankie ! Sob !