PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who has really won?
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2010, 07:02
ballyctid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
100% with you airac, so much so that I took a career change so I wouldn't have to go through that T3 staff channel at MAN 4 or 5 times everyday!

This followed the introduction of the eye recognition system that never ever worked for me, time and time again I had to go to the back of the queue and start again.

I also had a "too friendly" security man who I raged at in front of some SLF as I passed through another security point. I refused to be searched by him again and actually got the supervisor to agree with me as he had been complained against before!

The security point, following the "indian train journey" on the staff west bus stressed me out far more tha the job ever did.

Now I fly about the world in my new job and go through security as a PAX, this I don't mind.

As for yoghurts and lucozade, don't start me on that one!

TSR2's post, yes we are safer and for SLF it is right that these checks are carried out but like airac said, staff have gone through the disclosure system to gain our airport passes, we are entrusted, in my case with a box of tools around aircraft and in the flight crews case the controls of the bloody thing!

Jobsworths the lot of them at these staff gates!!!