PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who has really won?
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2010, 22:18
airac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who has really won?

Is anybody else getting well and truly fed up with the infernal searches/ random searches by security?
Are you sick to death of various security personnel being more personal THAN THEY SHOULD BE? even my tailor doesn’t need to go that high!
At our unit, as it is airside, we have to go through the routine of the “Staff Channel” every time we wish to get to work.
Whilst I recognise the need for security, I have noticed that despite my attempts to dress in a manner which reduces/should remove spurious activations, the “XXXXING” machine always goes off. This Results in me having to remove my shoes. Note, ” Thanks a bundle attempted shoe bomber” You have achieved infamy, a thousand, or at least one, infidel curse you everyday. How’s that for making a name for yourself, and you never even got your virgins, ha!
Surely it is time for staff to rebel, after all we all had to go through the Scottish disclosure security thingy didn’t we?
I do not need more than 100mls of yoghurt to cause chaos, my supervisor has assured me of this fact. The statement before last is even more true if I were a pilot!
If I want to bring a bottle of water to work, do I have to wait until Evian decide there is a market for 99ml bottles?
Do I have to live on curries since they are less likely to explode than one of “Betty’s Hotpots” Are Heinze soups or tubs of margarine going to render our restroom a waste zone?
To ensure our safety the previous measures have cost ALL airports dearly. So who has won?