PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2010, 16:07
easyflyer83

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So thecaptains explanation was very limited indeed. He didn't elude to the fact that a larger a/c than usual being operated and that it had arrived earlier. Therefore there was no real reason given to the passengers. It is often said that people are more understanding if they are explained to, even in laymans terms, and kept informed. In this instance it doesn't seem like this happened.

Thanks to wanna be there who has determined that EY was offered another parking stand and this was declined by the Captain. Whether or not the captain didn't realise the wait would be that long I am not sure but it was his decision and consequently his "cock up". And even when I say that I don't think we should be too critical of the captain as it wasn't a "huge" event. Put people here seem to want to issue the blame. That said, my experience in the industry would not surprise me if the commander was on a high and mighty I am god mood. My opinion only so don't get too upset about it.

Some of you will say that EY, EK are above and couldn't possibly accept the use of remote stand but they can, will and in practice, do so on a daily basis around the world.