View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2010, 15:19
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manchester exile:

a) I wasn't slagging off the airport

I refer you back to:

pride has turned to embarrassment and such a low standard of service

How can I make this any clearer. You were on an A340-600. Only stands 12 and 31 at T1 are capable of holding this, as well as many remotes and 4 gates at T2. The A340-600 comes into MAN on a scheduled basis maybe 2/3 times a year, so before you say 'why arnt more stands created', it wouldnt make commercial or economic sense. There was a nightstopping aircraft on 31 which was rightly still loading as it wasnt due off until around 07:55. A delayed passenger or another circumstance may have added to a small delay. Ive since found out The Etihad was offered 81, which is a remote but meant the pax could have disembarked quicker, but the captain refused. So whos fault is this? Oh yes, the captains.

b) I can assure you that the affected passengers did not think of it as a non-event. And to dismiss it as such is perhaps symptomatic of a wider problem with our country.

IT WAS A NON EVENT. Your scheduled arrival time was 0710, and you arrived on gate a 0714! Therefore, there was no delay, and you got off the aircraft at the time you were supposed to.

To quote you on something else:

After spending 29 hours on my journey, it was not a welcome development.

Lets just say for a minute, that the EY15 had LANDED at MAN on time, you would have still been on the aircraft for that extra 47 minutes. The only difference is, you were on the ground. So, how is being on the aircraft for the legnth of time you had originally planned for an 'unwelcome development'?
What I am trying to say is, you arrived at the stand at the time you were supposed to, at the time stated when you booked your ticket. So, basically everyone is pi***d off because they arrived on time. Do you see what Im getting at here.
Therefore, an on time arrival at gate is a non event.

Earlier this year, the aircraft arrived at the gate on time for my flight into LHR, so, Im going to write a very very strong worded letter to BAA that this is not acceptable. Wonder how serious they will take it?