PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 12th Oct 2010, 11:38
Wobbler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colonel White

Unite will think long and hard about reballoting anyway as they need to have a reason that is in no way connected with the previous stoppages. You can bet that the BA legal eagles will go over every single word on the ballot paper. Unite cannot afford to go back to court and have yet another injunction slapped on them.
Why would BA bother seeking injunctions or visiting courts? The big problem Unite have is that if (whatever appears on the ballot) BA says it is linked to the previous one - therefore any action is unprotected, strikers would face dismissal. BA would not need to seek injunctions beforehand - they would let the strike go ahead and sack anyone who walked out - and if that is what they stated I don't suppose many people wouldn't believe that BA would follow through. I don't suppose that our legal system works in such a way that Unite could announce a strike and subsequently unilaterally ask a court to rule whether it is legal before the action is taken. I imagine BA would need to take the initiative.

With the threat of dismissal from BA balanced against the promise from BASSA that BA couldn't sack you, I doubt even MissM would withdraw her labour. I suspect Unite have already figured this out so are securing a deal.