PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qf LAME EBA Negotiations Begin
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2010, 10:32
chockchucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see that the plot yet thickens with the latest out of the ALAEA. Give them us much buggery as they've been giving us Steve.

Jetstar Branded A330 Line and Base Maintenance

G’day members,

I think most of you will be aware by now that Qantas have announced that all Jetstar branded A330 aircraft will now be maintained in-house by Jetstar for Line and Base purposes. The ALAEA considers such a move as disappointing and more importantly a breach of clause 11., Job Security of the Qantas LAME EBA 8. Essentially, the job functions of employees are to be retained unless it is a factor over which Qantas has little control. We suspect that Qantas will claim that the decision was out of their hands but I think it is sufficiently clear that the CEO who runs the airline and was handed a binding legal contract with Qantas LAMEs can overturn this decision with the stroke of a pen.

ALAEA Officials have notified Qantas that we will be entering their premises this Thursday to collect evidence of the suspected breach in order to do all that we can in the coming weeks to ensure that the LAME EBA terms are honoured.

Cheers

Stephen Purvinas
Federal Secretary