PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2010, 09:41
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
i disagree.
All keg is saying is "I told you so" with no facts to back it up!
With respect, you couldn't be further from the truth. I'm not into the 'I told you so' game. i'm pointing out the history of the majority of QF drivers on this forum. I can't be bothered to search back through my posts to find it but I recall discussing the pilot unity issue on a semi regular basis. I know that the other QF drivers who I know and respect on PPRUNE doing the same.

1/ IMPULSE pilots wanted to join AIPA ... but AIPA said NO
As others have pointed out, at the time, QF drivers were told that the IPC didn't want to join AIPA. They felt that they had the upper hand and that working with AIPA would be to their detriment. Whether the IPC lied to their members or the then AIPA president lied to his members is something I've never been able to work out.

That said, most AIPA pilots were agitating for group membership.

3/EVERYONE else in the industry could see that JETSTAR was founded and funded to erode QF terms and conditions..... except QF pilots.
And you reckon I'm in the 'told you so' game? Strewth!

4/QF pilots, to this day STILL believe that QF management will "do the right thing" by them, and that JQ pay is a LONG way off.
Not many QF drivers I fly with hold that belief.

5/JQ pilots are have been doing the right thing, by them, but have been shafted by management again, as they do not, and have not formed a UNITED BODY with any backbone..... yet.
Agreed. Had they been working with AIPA from a lot earlier perhaps we wouldn't be in this place now.... the point I made previously.

Anyway, now that those points are clarified, back to the thread.