PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2010, 07:20
apache

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACDU...
i disagree.
All keg is saying is "I told you so" with no facts to back it up!
Generally, in the past i have not disagreed or even bothered to reply to this, as I am not either a JQ or QF pilot, I have however sat back and watched this all unfold.
I WAS offered a JQ position many moons ago, but turned them down.
Whilst this is a many sided debate, what i have seen from observing the last few years is:
1/ IMPULSE pilots wanted to join AIPA ... but AIPA said NO
2/IMPULSE became JETSTAR
3/EVERYONE else in the industry could see that JETSTAR was founded and funded to erode QF terms and conditions..... except QF pilots.
4/QF pilots, to this day STILL believe that QF management will "do the right thing" by them, and that JQ pay is a LONG way off.
5/JQ pilots are have been doing the right thing, by them, but have been shafted by management again, as they do not, and have not formed a UNITED BODY with any backbone..... yet.
6/JQ and QF pilots are blaming anybody but themselves for the current situation. IE "anyone who signs on to the JQ sin terms and conditions is a scab" ...... whereas, in reality, to do so is a HUGE payrise and increase in life expectancy for ANY OZ GA pilot.

Maybe we need to look at GA, and say why is JQ sin or JQ NZ SOOOOOOO fricking attractive??? whereas in reality it is just another bumf$ck with 20$ more per week?

can you REALLY blame the guys and gals who have slogged it out in GA for 3-10 yrs for taking a 100% payrise AND getting "stable" rosters as well as flying more reliable equipment AND not having to pay for jepps renewals/ASIC card costs/CIR renewals??????

the rot started LONG LONG AGO. The new hires are signing on for $80k plus. they work 18 days a month with the opportunity to earn an extra $800 per day..... IF they are lucky enough to be called on a day off.
to work in the TOP END of GA, flying ,MAYBE, a metro or PA31.... you would be on a MAX of $45k ..... with the possibility of earning $$$SFA if you want to work more.there are NO terms and or conditions in GA. there is NO stability or guarantees in rostering. there is NO guarantee that you will still have a job in 3-6 months!!! and yet we blame the GA jock for accepting substandard Terms and conditions, that have been AGREED to but current pilots?
seriously..... put yerself in the position of GA pilot, who has been shafted for 5 years. NEVER been paid more than 600 per week(max), take home, but has to continually save $$$ to pay for the next renewal or Jepps subscription.

HAVE we all forgotten how hard GA is?????

the problem NOW lies NOT with the new recruits..... but with the established bunch who have CONTINUALLLy shown ZERO fortitude or backbone. who have buckled at every management request, and even those who have denied that JQ pilots should be represented by a UNITED QF GROUP pilot body.

SERIOUSLY.... look back to YOUR time in GA and ask yourself, then answer HONESTLY.... would YOU join JQ on 80k with ****ehouse terms and conditions? or stay in GA on 45k, with ZERO terms and conditions??????

who do you now blame for THIS??????

BOTTOM end should be, and should have been looked after a lot better LONG before this ever happened.