PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 11th Oct 2010, 21:45
Colonel White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
So why should ST be returned? The company gave due notice that ST (a perk) would be removed if staff went on strike.
Should they not I wish best of luck to management putting an end to this dispute.
From the noises coming from the upper echelons of Unite, I suggest that BASSA will be told the deal that Tony Woodley has struck with BA and given an ultimatum. At the end of the day BASSA is a branch of Unite and is bound by Unite's rules. If BASSA choose not to follow those rules, Unite is at liberty to expel the branch from the union. Given that over the past year the union has seen membership drop by close on 20% and still falling, that suggests that BASSA as a branch has a life span of another two years before it is likely to be derecognised, at which point it becomes an irrelevance.

I feel for Tony Woodley. He's tryng so hard to do a deal knowing that BA are all the time pointing out that he has to be able to deliver it. BA will argue that they could offer the moon but BASSA might still turn it down because they want the moon and Mars as well. I suspect that the final deal offered is likely to be the same as that put forward in June, but with a couple of variations. Firstly, the company will push for monthly payments to replace allowances. Second, staff travel to be returned but with seniority only applicable after probably April 1st 2011 and conditional on no further IA for 2 years. Should an individual default, it will be removed in total, never to return.