PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2010, 21:29
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For me, it's not acceptable to have a "jobsworths" attitude and say "it's your own fault for landing early".

Right, the EY landed early, the stand required was taken so it had to wait. Do you really think if there was another stand available airport control would sit there, clog up a taxiway and laugh at all the inconvinience they are causing?

Why was that other aircraft on stand?

erm, because other airlines are allowed to use stands at MAN too???? Or is MAN only allowed to be used by etihad from now on?
The EY flight arrived early, the other flight was still boarding. So, do you suppose the other flight leave early to accomodate the EY flight? Would you then like to be one of those pax left behind with the excuse 'oh well, another flight arrived early so we had to get our flight out of here' Get real.

Or maybe I've been spoilt by too many trips to the world's more efficient airports like HKG, SIN and ZRH...and before you think I'm a Scouser , I'm born and bred in Stretford. NFT.

erm, we are talking about an isolated incident so who is to say MAN isnt efficient, or did I miss every single other flight having to wait for a stand every other single day. I forgot the emirates had to wait 10 hours for a stand last month