PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - And the airmanship award goes to, the pilot of (LY AGS)
Old 11th Oct 2010, 11:28
Jan Olieslagers

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
We in the aviation industry, have enough sources of confrontation and disagreement to deal with from outside, do we need to create more within our group?
We certainly have more than our share of headwind from outside. Regrettably, some of this headwind is justified and we should be ready to admit it - no use looking the other way. Like it or not, there are some pilots about who repeatedly behave irresponsably (in the UK and everywhere!). Better they should be reported in time, and from "inside", than too late and in the public media.

That said, I agree this present photograph is far too scant evidence to attack anyone, let alone for crucification.

An aside for those considering me "prickly" or "counter-productive": I recently assisted to a day-long discussion about safety in private flying - both the statistics and the photo's/movies shown were rather shocking.
-) the vast majority of accidents due to human error - far more use to study "human factors" than to train power-out landings. If, of course, the lessons learned are also applied.
-) the majority of accidents/incidents NOT by novice/low-experience pilots
Wonder if the same conclusions would emerge from analysing UK statistics?