PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2010, 11:19
RAD_ALT_ALIVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jo - Outstanding! I was blown away a couple weeks ago when I listened to you, and I'm amazed once again at your passion, intellect and integrity. It's an honor to be counted as one of your colleagues.

Ken B, and AB4 - dinosaurs is the first word that comes to mind about your pathetic comments; dinosaurs because you live in the past; sure, Jetstar's inception was certainly bad for most QF pilots. But please tell me that you don't seriously believe that non-jet pilots should have been asked to forgo the opportunity to fly for JQ when the jobs were offered?! Several COMs ago, AIPA didn't realise the ramification of their attitude towards JQ and all that went with it. Sadly, we are now seeing the result of 'too-little-too-late'.

What the two of you (and the ever-diminishing like-minded amongst you) are too 'archaic-thinking' to realise, is that the past must now be firmly relegated to it's appropriate place; the past!

What you appear to fail to realise with your 'hypocrisy/hypocritical' comment is that JQ is - and always was - a test case, whose 'strategic initiatives' (management speak, not mine) will probably find fruition in future pilot EBAs of mainline if allowed to go unchecked.

So, rather than being smug 'I-told-you-so's', it might be more productive if you came onboard at this critical time. If this goes the company's way - well...let's just say that there will be no future for you to be smug about in future.

Now, more than ever in the last long while, it's time to show solidarity in whatever way works for the individual, while being obvious to the many.