PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 11th Oct 2010, 10:59
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Betty Girl said

Many of them live in hope that it will be offered again.
You can say that again!!

What i find a mystery is why so many crew who came into work, cannot stand Bassa, and some who have been publicly humiliated by their fellow crew, still stay in Bassa. I've met quite a few recently, and a number say its to vote NO in the next ballot. As I've said, 'who cares how the next ballot goes' There is a big part of me that actually wants another ballot/strike, just to see where we all stand in this situation now.

I truly believe that this weeks 'talks' are another stalling tactic by TW. Is it true he is retiring in 4 weeks? If so, he's delaying this until he goes for sure. I'd love to be a fly on the wall if TW speaks to DH this week to tell him its 'take it or leave it' I also the best ST offer from WW will be the return of it without seniority. If he gives it back in full, Duncan will see it as a win, and will then move the 'dispute' onto the return of the suspendees/sacked crew. This could go on for ever if that happens

Hiflyer14 said

This complete lack of understanding of UK Employment Law by BASSA and its reps explains why we are in this mess.

Under UK employment Law, consultation is all BA have to do with regard to MF, crew complements and anything else other than pay, pensions and leave. BASSA SHOULD know this, and SHOULD have consulted as best they can. They SHOULD have agreed the crew complements last year and in return agreed an integrated MF that would have secured all our jobs.
The sad thing is Hiflyer14 is that Bassa DO know all of this. Its just that it seems they became so powerful in the Joy Hordern years that 'in Bassa's eyes' everything was now up for consultation. As soon as WW appointed Simon Talling-Smith, it changed, but not according to Bassa. They just arrogantly carried on regardless, and I believe presumed that with the usual one trick pony methods that have worked before, would smash WW into history. Its just the bluff didn't work this time. They only have plan A. Nothing else was needed before.

Last edited by JUAN TRIPP; 11th Oct 2010 at 11:24.