PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2010, 08:08
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know, 'Wanna be There' if you work at MAN,

No, I dont work at MAN.....

but this is the attitude that drives me to despair of MAN. Typical MAN take or shove it response.

Not different to any airport arounf the world. As I mentioned earlier, I cant count the number of times I have had to wait for a stand at the likes of LHR/JFK/ORD etc, so why is it just typical of MAN.

No idea at all of customer service. Perhaps, from the airline and pax perspective, it didn't seem that big an issue to arrive half an hour early, it's not unusual after all. Perhaps they thought the airport actually might be able to accomodate them,

Like Ive said, the EY on the 8th was an A340-600, only a couple of stands at T1 are capable of holding it, so, if an aircraft was on stand, what exactly are MAN supposed to do about it? Tell the other airline to bugger off as theyve had their time, even if there are still pax boarding?, oh no, that brings it back to: No idea at all of customer service, and typical MAN take it or shove it response. You cant have it both ways!

40 odd minutes is unnaceptable, end of.

So, if a coach service runs say, from MAN-LON, and is 40 minutes early getting to just outside London, and then had to wait in traffic for 40 mins. The traffic then dissapated and you arrived at your stop bang on time, you would find that unnaceptable? After all, thats the basic story of whta happened to the EY flight.

But as you say, the flight arrived a bit early so it's not MAN's fault, it's the airline...

Bingo, so as you have admitted it yourelf, why argue the point and say it IS MAN's fault?!?!?!