PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 11th Oct 2010, 02:27
MIDLGW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SlideBustle,

I'm glad you understand what I mean. The last thing I want to do is pester you, for the lack of a better word. I've read all your postings before, so just wanted to make sure you're not getting "pushed around".

In regards to pre-97/post-97 and MF, there are differences this time. The pay structure and rest being two that spring to mind. At least both pre- and post - 97 crew get the same allowances, it's the basic etc that isn't the same. The pay structure between current WW/EF and MF is so different now that I doubt it will be allowed for these crews to fly together - as nice as it may have been if it happened.

Before you dismiss the £2.40/hr, don't forget your "cousins" down the road who've been on that hourly pay for a looong time (although it used to be even less when I started). Yes, it's low, but it's up to each person whether they want to apply/accept the job. In fact, the only difference in pay between MF and LGW is that we get ONA, OT and breakfast in some hotels. However, MF get performance related bonus. The difficult thing at the moment, is that none of us know what the bonus looks like, how and when it'll be paid, who is eligible for it and how it's decided who gets what. That's up to the MF crew to find out about as and when it's appropriate. MF basic salary is actually higher than the starter basic at LGW! Considering how many people are applying for the jobs, there could be two main reasons as to why: The job market is pretty rubbish right now, and very few UK based airlines are recruiting and people may not think the salary is that bad when they take everything into account. Time will tell, I suppose. For the record, I didn't even consider MF for myself, as I'm happy at LGW, but I wish good luck to those who go for it.

Also, you mentioned earlier that MF deserves union representation. That's up to them (again). They'll have to get together between themselves and set something up. I doubt very much that they'd get represented by Bassa - and I doubt they'd want to. There are other options though, such as direct via Amicus/Unite, GMB or whoever else would be willing to give them backing.