PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 11th Oct 2010, 01:52
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MIDLGW,

No offence taken. Rest assured though I do have my own mind and do make my own decisions, it is prone to change it's mind aswell as I am a very balanced person (infact sometimes I am too balanced - like with this situation... to be honest I can see both sides. I am not really pro anyone anymore. I can see BAs side and points of view. But I can also see BASSAs point of view. I also don't agree with aspects on both sides.

I know what you mean, you may think I am just being influenced by pro-union/striking crew. Maybe in some ways - as yes I have flown with many strikers of late. But I am also looking at issues with my own mind.

With regards to Mixed Fleet working alongside us the main reason this would be good for all of us - is that Mixed Fleet will be no more of a threat than post 1997 (and MF) and pre-1997 contracts. They wouldn't be able to legally starve us of work or transfer routes over. I would also like to see new blood flying alongside us, it is a real shame that new entrants will never fly with us again.

I have many years left, whether I choose to stay at BA flying or not is something I will decide later, however I am not sure I would be able to afford £2.40 an hour. The 40% in 10 yrs is something that I used to believe however in fairness, if this grew further the city will not complain (BA would save more money) and besides, I have more than 10 yrs. Also, what about CPH nighstops - I will miss those!!!! Joke!

I don't see why there can't be a compromise. Usually they want less than they ask for and the Union and them reach in the middle (BA only really wants/expects half what they ask for) but it does seem BA wants their cake and eat it - at the expense of many existing crew. Also we do need a Union, to represent us, without that we wouldn't have a decent working life as we do now.

I respect everyones opinions and decisions as this isn't necassarily all black and white - I do hope with more people joining this forum, there can be a balanced debate from both sides. As there are so many opinions on this topic and I do respect them as like I said at the beginning of my post - I can see both sides of the argument but also disgagree with some.