PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 11th Oct 2010, 01:21
MIDLGW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear SlideBustle, have you been flying with pro-union people again? I understand how it's difficult for you when you do fly with pro-strikers, but you must be exhausted from changing your mind. I really don't mean that in a horrible way, honest - I come in peace. The things you've written in your latest post is like reading bits from another place. That's ok, as you're not offensive in any way. I'm just concerned that some people might be pushing their opinions on you and "forcing" you to believe what they say.

The thing about MF flying alongside WW/EF: It will make it very difficult, manpower and scheduling wise, as scheduling (esp for WW) is rather labour intensive already. I understand you would feel more comfortable having MF working alongside you, but I don't think it's going to happen. It's a shame in some ways, as I'm sure a bit of "fresh blood" (so to speak) would be very welcome. If, and it's a big if, MF were to work alongside WW/EF, can you imagine the atmosphere on the aircraft? Considering how it is at the moment (sometimes), some people would try to make the MF crew's lives hell.

I don't know what's going to happen this week, but I seriously hope the end is nigh, whatever happens. I'm so over this whole strike issue now, and I'd just like to get on with things.

Interesting to see new posters on this evening, let's hope for a constructive debate in the next few days.

PS. SlideBustle, I hope you don't feel like I was picking on you, as that wasn't my intention at all.