PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 10th Oct 2010, 19:24
doishquattroserche

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MissM,
regarding this,

"I should certainly hope that this proposal includes return of ST without any sanctions. Unless it does I can't be bothered to even read any further what the proposal has to offer. Perhaps BA should ask themselves how those who have lost ST will vote unless the proposal includes a full reinstatement of it?

BASSA are the ones who can put an end to this dispute and will do so when they have received a satisfactory proposal. Not Unite. Not BA."

Totally agree with the first sentence ,second sentence ,that's your call.The 3rd sentence ,they will have and can bear any consequences.Regarding the second paragraph ,you are wrong. The crew will be balloted ,THEY are the only ones who can end this dispute . No,I correct myself,BA can right now ,by giving anything up ,but it chooses not to ,speaks volumes does it not?
I'm terribly upset to see some fine colleagues caught in the crossfire of all this .When will BASSA get the idea that it is incredibly tough but strong to get a deal ,worts and all ,stay united (pardon the pun) and try to improve conditions in future economic "good weather"?
I fully agree with you that the removal of ST is very,very devisive and has hurt some very committed ,professional crew. It might be legal (just) but somehow it aint quite right. I still fail to grasp the concept that although ST is a concession ,I thought it was illegal to discriminate between strikers and non-strikers,any ideas anyone?