PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 10th Oct 2010, 18:30
diut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
come 20th October UNITE is going to have the problem on 10,000s of public sector job losses to contend with.
I remember during industrial action,I was reading some of the posts on here and someone was always writing something along this line..

come the 13th of June they will all get sacked..
come the 10th of May they will all receive the 90 days notice..

I clearly remember that,and am sure flap33 you will remember that as well.
Nothing of what was predicted on here ever happened so maybe it is better to not make other people worry for nothing.

Having held 29 days of industrial action at a cost of £150M+ WW is really going to roll over and offer you any deal which is better than that of June 2009?
Situation has changed, we have now a major join up with Iberia and American Airlines which I don't think the management wants loomed by a strike threat so who knows what's coming!

As far as BASSA being involved in negotiations,we know our CEO would not deal with BASSA but only with Unite so maybe it's better for leaders at Unite to deal with it themselves.

Wishful thinking though Bassa being told to go alone by Unite..if you ever come across any of the reps or were you at bedfont you wouldn't even consider that for one second!