PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 10th Oct 2010, 15:50
diut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
COLONEL WHITE,

what have I lost exactly by going on strike?

money? no,not really.I knew that 3 sets of strike might have had a financial impact but with all the overtime that we have had recently I can hardly say I have lost anything.. you win some and you lose some.

staff travel? it hasn't changed my life not to have it. I have got more important things going on at the moment than to focus on that. I have lived 30 years without it before joining BA so I guess I can live without it. don't know about you! The only reason why I would fight for it, it's because I don't agree with removing it for taking part in industrial action The ones you might refer to are commuters which I feel for if they are struggling to find cheaper tickets, but I am hoping one day they will get their money back.

I can't think of anything else, I still report to work and I have a very normal roster, I still have my days off, I still go on holiday I still have a healthy relation with my managers and with my colleagues and I do everything to see passenger leaving with a smile on their face so what should I worry about for having gone on strike? NOTHING!

most importantly I feel good with my decision.