PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can we have a new forum please
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2002, 09:58
norodnik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the dissenting pilots want their own forum, then go start one. The whole idea of a forum is to get a broad range of opinions, not all of them will necessarily be informed but thats the fun of it.

To have a forum just for pilots is all well and good but it will no doubt eventually lead to the same questions being asked as at this very time.

I only post a few times and have already been slagged off for being an "armchair idiot". I used to fly, was in the air force, my father spent his whole life in aviation. However, as I had to move on to other things its like I have no idea whatsoever.

So perhaps change the name to , Current Professional Pilots etc etc.

I enjoy reading these forums very much. Its one of the few places to communicate with those who know. Its very easy to ignore posts which have no substance but most of the time the PP's seem to have more fun slagging then examining the point raised.

Finally, I work in computing as well, and was a security consultant. Unless you have access to certain proprietary information and then want to invest a lot of time and money, it will be almost impossible to setup a airline agnostic forum just for PP's. Happy to offer advice on how to if you're interested.