PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 10th Oct 2010, 14:19
diut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ast January, Unite had 11,691 cabin crew members. If it's now 8,000, then that's a big drop in numbers. You may well ask yourself why so many consider their union to be inappropriate.

And 8,000 means 60%, not 70%, of total membership.
Some people might not believe in what bassa and unite are doing,hence pulling out of the union. it is in your right to do that and am glad that people have if they don't support the union.

Numbers might have dropped due to severance and people leaving as well,as you know the only recruitment we have had has been with temps which are not unionised..so please consider everything as I would do. I don't particularly like numbers as we never know the exact figures,but I can only go with what I see onboard.

It has always been about providing or maintaining a future for current crew or future crew, whether it was the imposition-removing a purser wasn't only down to the service aspect of it, it would alsocut down chances of promotion,whether it was negotiating terms and conditions for the NF and so on.
Don' t you worry about people being up to scratch with the many offers that were on the table. I am one of those who was up to date,yes, even with the one who was contemplating the new fleet incorporating in the actual fleet.
I guess the management is free to do what they want,or so they have demonstrating in the past few months, so why not going ahead with it,even without BASSA consensus if they really wanted to? because that's not what they wanted.. that would have not interfered with our terms and conditions so why not going ahead irrespective of the union?