PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2010, 12:33
P-T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OAA help the graduated student by emailing them applications for recruiting airlines. I guess maybe one every two months over the last 2 years due to the current climate. I know that of the 22 on my OAA intake only about 3 or 4 are not in a flying role at the moment. This is mainly to do with the individuals circumstances and attitude. i.e. not really looking for employment and mainly due to most funds being taken up by the ATPL and therefore not able to pay for a further PTF course.

As far as the instructors in OAA Arizona are concerned (Can't speak for Melbourne - never been there) The instruction is mainly done by FAA instructors (that I found to be very, very thorough, diligent and experienced), but the progress tests are done by JAA certified examiners and the actual licence tests by CAA examiners. As far as it being below standard from USA, I would have to disagree. I thought OAA did exactly what they said they would. They provided us with a JAA ATPL(f) and the vast majority gained the full licence with very little trouble.

PPL won't stand for anything on the Integrated course. You'll still have to do everything. To make the point - there was an RAF Fast Jet pilot on a few courses behind me (medical issues for discharge), and he still had to do the same amount of hours as the rest of us. I think the first few basic progress checks were removed and he was given the more advanced tests - which he passed with flying colours, as you'd expect.