PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can we have a new forum please
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2002, 09:14
AnsettStar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Wannabees"

Okay, I'm preparing to be told off big time for even daring to stick my "wannabee" head in here but I think I have a point.

Firstly, well said Tom. I totally agree. I concede that there are some posts and people on these forums that just tick me off no end.

Secondly, I have great respect for those of you who are fortunate enough to have such a fantastic opportunity to make a career out of doing something you love. I ocasionally post on these boards and since I'm not a rated pilot I guess I'd be a "wannabe".

My reasons for coming to these forums is precisely to get an idea of what the industry is like from those who actually work there.

Thirdly, I agree that the "proper" (and I use the term loosely) pilots should have their own private forum. However, don't exclude us just because we don't have a piece of paper making us licensed. I got enough crap from males about women aviators and don't really want to start on the license issue.

I don't want to start a big rant debate, but please don't write all of us off just because we're not CPL or ATPL......okay?

AnsettStar - not licensed but soon will be