PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 9th Oct 2010, 17:25
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Miss M,
You can't have it both ways.
First you say we will all be forced on to Mixed Fleet, now you say they don't want us there.

You can't have it both ways.

Basically, I don't know why a few Temps did not get the jobs, probably their sickness record, but that is just a guess, as in previous years, temps or crew on 6 months probation who have had a bad sickness record have not been taken on full time either.
I have flown with four temps who are taking the job. Having said that they were all treated badly by BA during all this disruption and all said they were just giving it a try, to see what it was going to be like.

When it comes to the hat, BA actually want all of us to wear the hat. Brands have been requesting this for a long time but were told that, in this economic climate, it was too large a cost.
It has been agreed for Mixed Fleet because they are getting less uniform than us. Only two skirts, no trousers and no knitwear.
I have however been told that to prevent people like you from making out it is because Mixed Fleet is special, to stop Mixed Fleet crew, too, from feeling singled out, also because it is something a lot of crew have said they would like and because brands wants us all to have it, BA are considering giving it to all of us, not just Mixed Fleet. So you may be wearing one soon Miss M.